The last time I posted something that wasn't a book review (or a random video about pendulums) was in February.
Since then, I transformed into a medieval villainess and terrorized an entire band of hobbits (with a few elves thrown in on the side). I've also run around in circles barefoot, won prizes for constructing towers of plastic cups, started a vicious water-fight, met friends from far-off lands, changed churches, and watched Singing in the Rain.
I've also rediscovered how to write bad freeverse that sounds generally sappy and forlorn. So I guess you could say I'm back to languishing in the shadow of 'poetic,' because I'm not yet up to chasing down the Poetic and confronting it face-to-face.
I'm not quite done with my schoolwork yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that I'll have it all done by next Saturday when I take the SAT. And after that is over.... FREEDOM!
- A for-real return to writing things longer than 1,000 words, with characters I actually made up out of my own head.
- Reading! Books and books and books and books and books!
- Learning to cook.
- Learning to drive. (Oh dear.)
- Doing other things that I can't think of at the moment.
- Oh yeah, exercising. In fun ways, though, not in boring ways. (Like running on the treadmill. The less I have to do that, the better. It's so much more fun to run when you can be distracted: "Oh look, TREES! And MORE trees! Was that a butterfly? Happy day, sun is shining, birds are singing, the clouds look cool, la la-la la-la...)
- ...and last on the list because it is most important to whoever is reading this (er, kinda), I will be blogging more.
And now, gentle reader, lest I fall to the temptation to put a disclaimer at the end of this post, I shall now leave you to your blissful whatever-you-were-doing.