Saturday, May 28, 2011

And at last, something that is NOT a book review!

You know how I write my posts?  I generally start out with either an excuse or a disclaimer.  Or both.  (Example: I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've been really busy.  This isn't going to be the most interesting blog post, so forgive me again while I ramble on...)  If I'm smart, after I've finished the post, I delete the disclaimer, and that action alone makes the post 50% better.


The last time I posted something that wasn't a book review (or a random video about pendulums) was in February. 

Since then, I transformed into a medieval villainess and terrorized an entire band of hobbits (with a few elves thrown in on the side).  I've also run around in circles barefoot, won prizes for constructing towers of plastic cups, started a vicious water-fight, met friends from far-off lands, changed churches, and watched Singing in the Rain

I've also rediscovered how to write bad freeverse that sounds generally sappy and forlorn.  So I guess you could say I'm back to languishing in the shadow of 'poetic,' because I'm not yet up to chasing down the Poetic and confronting it face-to-face. 

I'm not quite done with my schoolwork yet.  I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that I'll have it all done by next Saturday when I take the SAT.  And after that is over.... FREEDOM!

Freedom means:
  • A for-real return to writing things longer than 1,000 words, with characters I actually made up out of my own head.  
  • Reading!  Books and books and books and books and books!  
  • Learning to cook.
  • Learning to drive.  (Oh dear.)
  • Doing other things that I can't think of at the moment.
  • Oh yeah, exercising.  In fun ways, though, not in boring ways.  (Like running on the treadmill.  The less I have to do that, the better.  It's so much more fun to run when you can be distracted: "Oh look, TREES!  And MORE trees!  Was that a butterfly?  Happy day, sun is shining, birds are singing, the clouds look cool, la la-la la-la...)  
  • ...and last on the list because it is most important to whoever is reading this (er, kinda), I will be blogging more.  
TA-DA!  *strikes a ta-da pose*

And now, gentle reader, lest I fall to the temptation to put a disclaimer at the end of this post, I shall now leave you to your blissful whatever-you-were-doing. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, yay! I'll look forward to reading more of your posts! And I thought learning to drive would be terrible myself, but now I like it. :) I also agree with the being distracted bit. It reminds me that I need to go on MY walk today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're in the homestretch...you can do it! And good for you, my dear. You're setting a good example. :-)

    Miss Wendy

    ReplyDelete