- ...a Christian
- ...a writer
- ...a reader
- ...a thinker
- ...a poet (sort of)
- ...a soon-to-be homeschooling graduate
- The poetry I write is mostly free verse poetry. Some people have liked it, but I don't make any real claims to 'poet' status. I have this vague belief that poets should be able to rhyme, even if they don't do it all the time...and I can't.
- I scribble other things besides poetry. I just haven't finished most of them yet.
- My favorite books include The Last Unicorn, The Complete Sherlock Holmes, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Tale of Two Cities, anything by G. K. Chesterton, Jane Eyre, and many other things.
- Right now, I am obsessed with Doctor Who.
- G. K. Chesterton is brilliant, like so:
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder."
"The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost."
Some other things I am that go under the general category of 'fangirl':
- ...a Whovian
- ...a Trekkie
- ...a Sherlockian
- ...a Lord of the Rings fan
- ...a lifelong Narnian
- ...that you can't do much better than a constant pursuit of Truth.
- ...that Truth is solid, tangible, and undeniably real. If something is True, it will remain True whether or not anyone believes it. For a more throrough definition, see this amazing blog post from my friend Beth about the real nature of Truth.
- ...that Jesus is the only road to God. Man can imagine other ways, of course, but what good is a road if it doesn't lead in the right direction?
- ...that, while man longs for God, he is not entitled to be with God. God himself is the one who made a way across the divide, and man did nothing to earn it.