Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Flying InnThe Flying Inn by G.K. Chesterton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I wish I understood more of what I thought about this book so that I could communicate it properly. It was a fun book, and there were many scenes and characters that I enjoyed quite a bit. Chesterton did make some great points throughout the book. However, I did not agree with the way the book glorified drinking. Also, Chesterton takes little more than a single page to wrap up the entire book, and that one page was so vague and confusing that I'm still trying to figure out what happened. So there you have it. This is definitely more of an "enjoy the journey" book than anything else.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I tried reading this once, but the first chapter was so difficult to relate to that I gave up. :P I really enjoyed The Man Who Was Thursday, it was a fun read. The ending is also confusing, though.

    ReplyDelete